Visitor Tracker

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

two

back in august ... two major things happened in my life:

1. i moved to tuscaloosa, alabama ... a place that i was raised to call "Hell" by my super passionate auburn alum father. i've been a resident of t-town now for almost seven months and i wouldn't necessarily say it's Hell ... though i definitely have an opinion on the place. someday soon i need to devote an entire post on life as an auburn grad living in t-town ... shoot, that might be the title of my first book publication ...

2. i accidentally deleted my precious, my lovely, my ever-so-fun blog that contained three years of beyond incredible stories, snippets, ponderings, everything. it was awful. call me a nerd ... but tears were shed. that sweet blog included the zesty details of my life with classic stories like when i thought a recipe was supposed to make six massive meatballs, not serve six people. and the vivid description of the night my friends and i slid down a snowy tennessee mountain in my car. and the tale of the drunk naked lovers arrest in the auburn crossings hot tub. and the numerous stories from my disney college program days (including my meaningful meeting with celine dion). all off it. gone.

and it's not like i could just up and create a new blog right away. i needed time to mourn. well, that and life got super busy with a whole mess of different changes.

i attempted to remain somewhat in the blogosphere by creating a tumblr ... but let's face it. tumblr is just no good. i managed to post some pretty entertaining pictures, videos, quotes, links, etc. but i don't know. tumblr's just weird. and i say that as a social media LOVER. love love love social media. but tumblr ... it's a hipster's blog. and i am no hipster.

my itch to actually write recently got the best of me. so, i'm back to blogging ... back to writing ... back to using those little brain cells that i've only been using to calculate circulation percentages and code magazine advertisements.

writing is cathartic, at least for me it is. how'd i ever think i could go along without it? dumb.


No comments:

Post a Comment