Visitor Tracker

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Infection. Ew.

I almost made it through 2012 without being sick at all.

No colds.
No fevers.
No viruses.

And then Bam! The first week of December, I have a super fun kidney infection to deal with. And of course, I had four different interviews scheduled for this week. Of course.

I cannot tell you how much Netflix I have watched over the past three days.

Actually, I can.

I finished Once Upon A Time (now I just need to borrow someone's Hulu account to catch up!), finally watched The King's Speech (been meaning to do that for two years), threw in a couple of Everybody Loves Raymond episodes, and started season 2 of The Tudors.

Being lazy is nice for a while, but I'm ready to be exposed to direct sunlight again and to socialize with human beings. And if I've learned anything from this experience ... it's that I take my health for granted everyday. I always am aware that I am blessed with my house and my "toys" and my family and my friends but I never really stop to appreciate the fact that I have my health too.

But let me be here to say ... I, Amy Barton, appreciate my health and am the most blessed. I need to do a better job at being grateful.

I am finally feeling better, going to an interview this afternoon and can't wait to drive my car again.

Happy Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment