Visitor Tracker

Sunday, April 21, 2013

The Excuse

This weekend, I realized that there is one excuse that can get you out of any situation. Be it awkward, uncomfortable, unwanted, weird, boring, unpleasant ... it can always remove you (temporarily) from any situation you might choose.

I don't understand how I am 24 years old and just now coming to my senses about this.

I had a moment this weekend where I used this excuse to remove myself from the dance floor of sky bar where a guy I met 15 minutes prior was behaving as though we knew each other for a long time and in a very deep, meaningful way. It was not pleasant or enjoyable, and I needed out. So I announced to him and my friends around me ... "I gotta pee".

I absolutely did not have to pee, as I had peed 15 minutes prior. But I walked away like I had to and instead went outside, sat down and made brand new friends with complete strangers who did not put their body parts on me! Imagine!

But as I sat there, it dawned on me that I had just used my kidneys for something not urinary related. I had used them for escape ... and I could use it for escape over and over and over again if I wanted to.

And I intend on doing so whenever needed.

It's amazing what the human body is capable of, is it not?

No comments:

Post a Comment